Re: [DML] early ulster car

The silver paint on the "DeLorean" embossed section of the rear bumpers was
hand painted by Joe Murray at the Plant in Belfast strictly for photographic
purposes.
I asked the same question to Mike Loasby the DeLorean Chief Vehicle
engineer. Joe Murray replied that the paint was added for promotional
purposes only. None of the cars left the factory with stripes, paint or
silver paint on the embossed section of the bumper. The only cars to leave
the factory with color was the 2 Gold commissioned cars.

There is a film of the cars in the factory. On a particular car shown the
"81" early style hood with continental lines and gas filler access ALSO had
an Embossed "DeLorean" in the lower left hand side of the bonnet. It is
stamped in the hood.
On the "82 & "83" cars this was incorporated into production with the
addition of the raised stick-on plate, common of the late cars.
The hood was shown on a production DeLorean. However I have only seen
this hood on film, and while searching the warehouse supply, alas its
whereabouts are unknown.

There were many changes to the car over its short lived life. Many were
internal component changes. The only noticeable difference is the hood and
the color of the wheels.

Senator