Re: [DML] Tires

I personnally feel that Yokohama makes a superior high performance tire.
They have been in the business for many years and are very well respected
in the performance and racing circles.

While BFG, Michelin, and all the rest do of course make some very good
tires, I would not hesitate to rank Yokohama brand tires right up there
with them. Ask some local road racers, or log on to a performance
discussion board on the Internet and ask about Yokohama tires and you will
receive very favorable reviews.

As far as mileage goes, this is not a factor of how expensive the tire is,
but of the rubber compound. Yokohama specializes in performance tires, and
performance tires normally do not last as many miles due to the softer
rubber compounds. Road hazard warranties are quite often offered by the
shop that installs the tires rather than the manufacturer, and I know I've
seen them offered with Yokohama tires.

I have run Yokohama tires on a number of cars, including the current set on
my DeLorean, and I've been very satisfied with them.

Mark N
VIN 6820 on Yoko's