[DML] Re: James Bond DeLorean? [tongue in cheek]

[DML] Re: James Bond DeLorean? [tongue in cheek]

Shannon is right here, the 007 franchise sure is a money spinner. Every major company is indeed interested in supplying Mr. Bonds accessories, be it a car, watch, cellular phone etc. The most spectacular scenes is where these products are shown, and I think that this "sponsor money" is the reason that the 007 movies still are being produced. MGM studios KNOW that whatever happens they WILL make money!!!

But - there is always a part in the 007 movies where Mr.Bond has to do a fast escape and where a vehicle/motorcycle/scooter/plane is used that is not a "new product" from a major company. I think it would in such a scene that our beloved DeLorean may have a chance.

If anyone knows where the director of the 007 movies eat his lunch, then park your DeLorean outside and be sure to let him see the car. (This was Colin Chapman's trick in regards to the Lotus Esprit)

More seriously, I really do believe that the DeLorean could make it as Bond's escape vehicle (the "B" car next to the "A" car that would probably be a brand, new BMW).

The idea posted earlier, the one with the magnetic field, would be a great scene, but I must say that James Bond has to be the driver and not the villain who drives our great car! A door scene could also be incorporated - the same as in BTTF Part II, where Biff is knocked out by Doc opening the gullwing door. Wow! This is fact to be the end sequence of a Bond movie. Imagine - the villain is protecting himself and his gang by a magnetic field so that the good guys haven't a chance to enter - only Bond manage to enter because of the DeLorean. Where would Bond get it? Maybe in a museum?

Shall we try to convince the guys at MGM that our beloved DeLorean deserves a chance?

We could use this plan to that the MGM mailbox don't get flooded...and so that they don't get angry at us.

Everyone with their last name beginning with the letters:
A-E can mail them in next week (week 14)
F-J can mail them in week 15
K-O can mail them in week 16
P-T can mail them in week 17
U-Z can mail them in week 18

A deal?
Here's the address:
http://www.mgmua.com/cgi-bin/cgi/email.html&type=body&from=&V=2?subject=Movies&x=59&y=11

Be sure to choose the latest Bond movie to comment on (The World Is Not Enough". Write a nice e-mail telling MGM why they seriously should consider having a DeLorean as Bonds car in their next 007 movie.

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
NORWAY

From: Shannon Larratt <toys@xxxx>
> Brosnan and Michael Apted, the Film Director of the last Bond programme
>wanted to use the Lotus Esprit again. The open air convertible BMW makes was
>utilized since it was a car that the cinematographer could film "around" when
>they put the top down.

No, the BMW was used because BMW paid them a small fortune to use it.

Shannon