[DML] Re: sorry, what car

gullwing9-@xxxx wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews/?start=8087
> Hello,
> About the difference between the DeLorean and the Bricklin,,,,,well
there
> is a big difference,,,,,,I have both,,,,,,the Bricklin is vin 813
and my D
> is vin 16709
> The Bricklin is really a big piece of junk to tell you the
truth,,,,I
> just have it to show beside my D in our showroom,,,,It is put
together
> poorly,,,leaks really bad,,,it does just look very cheap,,,like a
poor kit
> car,,,I could go on but I don't want to make anyone else mad,,,it's
ok but
> far from our beloved DeLorean
> J.B.Vincent

Being a Bricklin owner since 1980,I have found that the Bricklin is
JUST as good as a Delorean if taken care of,I have owned and still own
many Deloreans
and find that the Bricklin is more or less a worry free car (vin # 1024
and 1136)in the 20 years of owning 1024 I have had NO major
expenses,compaire that to a Delorean,the parts are cheap compaired to
the Delorean,and I do get more looks with the Bricklin,like any car if
it is not taken care of it will detorate,I have found that A Delorean
is a GREAT car,but unless you take care
of the problems that come with all Deloreans(electrical,cooling,suspens
ion,
Clutch line, epoxy cracking,safety issue items ect,ect)it is not worth
owning/
driving,I have owned a C-3 and C-4 Corvette,and find that a C-3 is a
VERY dependable car(and nice handling for its era),and a c-4 early
vette(84-85)had electrical problems that needed to be worked out(I had
a 1984 vette in 1985)(1986 and up Vetts are the Vettes of Choice)Also
my first Driveable Delorean
back in 1986 had 9,000miles and was 100% orignal right down to the
Battery
and I NEVER had any problems with that car(I treated it like a prized
Trophy,as I do with 1024)Until I sold the car and the next owner not
treating it with respect,it just kept breaking down on him,because of
his abuse of the
car it detorated rather quickly(within 2years)my main point is any car
treated with respect and not abused will be a great car to own.

Claude
vin#000570 and many others
Bricklin 1024 &1136