[DML] Re: Lowering (and speeding in Toronto)

At 01/03/2000 04:56 PM -0500, you wrote:
>The DeLorean should have handling in the same general category as the TT,
>your RX-7 (except for the truly amazing '92+ RX-7s), or a late 70's or
>80's vintage Porsche 911 - especially if it's been lowered. It will be
>better at some things, and worse at others.

Well, NOTHING is in the same class as the TT, at least not in the sub
$80,000 category.

>A DeLorean *should*:
>Track straight at any speed
>Ride smoothly (albeit firmly) at any speed
>Turn in crisply
>Provide excellent steering feedback
>Brake smoothly, predictably and powerfully
>Exhibit neutral steering, with just a touch of understeer at the limit
>Spin if brakes are used heavily in a turn :}
>Exhibit moderate body lean in hard cornering
>Develop lots of grip for turning, especially with decent tires
>Go exactly where you point it.

It does all of that, except the brakes aren't really the greatest.
My BIG BIG BIG complaint is the horrible turning radius.

>If your primary handling concern is turning radius at parking lot speeds -
>then yes, the DeLorean does quite poorly in that department. It's also
>not particularly comfortable,

I disagree with you there, I find the Delorean very comfortable. But then,
I like a car that's a bit claustrophobic and fits like a glove.

Shannon

Shannon Larratt toys@xxxx
Exotic Kit Cars http://www.PriceOfHisToys.com/