[DML] Turning Radius

I've recently gone through my copy of the DeLorean Gold Portfolio, and
all of the articles in there say that the turning radius for the
DeLorean is 30 feet even. And just a little thing I would like to add,
to my knowledge, the wider the car, the better it grips on turns, and
the shorter the car, the sharper the capable turns. The DeLorean is
both wide and short. One thing you might try doing sometime, is going
into an empty parking lot, turn the wheel all the way, and just start
slowly accelerating until the point where the tires start making noise,
or if you really want to push it, keep going until your front wheels
start to plow or your rear end slips. I've done this in my '91 Eagle
Talon (dont own a D yet) and I've had that thing going pretty fast, I
was even dizzy for a good 5-10 minutes after it. The wheelbase on my
Talon is 97.2 inches with 205/55/16 tires. The wheelbase on the
DeLorean is 94.8 inches with the 195/60/14 in front with 235/60/15 in
the rear. My car weighs approx. the same as the DeLorean, so even
though I have never driven one myself, I have no doubt that it could out
handle my Talon which I have had going 50mph+ on some freeway loops. I
know there is still more factors involved with that like weight
distribution, softness/temp of the tires, and suspension differences.
But in general I believe my car is very similar to the DeLorean in many
aspects. Well, I've gotten a little off of my original topic and most
of my babble has been personal theory, so I'll be signing off now.
--
Jim Reeve <Ultra>
http://www.isd.net/jpatrick/