[DML] Turning Radius

I always thought that the DMC turning radius was insufficient, and chalked
it it up to design quirkiness. But a discussion here recently sat in my
brain long enough to kick in. Someone here complained of noise while making
tight turns and was told that the tires were rubbing the front anti-roll
bar. On my car, I these two parts miss each other by a couple of inches.

>From the center position, I can turn the steering wheel 1.25 turns in either
direction. Is this the same experience everyone else has? I'm starting to
wonder, since this car's original owner was a bit of a tinkerer (no offense,
Harold, wherever you are) and may have installed a "fix" for the tires
rubbing. Clues, anyone?

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN# 4695