[DML] Re: Restoring a D (d prices)

Alex,

Here are my thoughts on the whole pricing system for
deloreans. If you want a delorean that is going to run
well and look well you are going to spend about 17-20
thousand for it.

I see alot of deloreans for sale around the 10k mark
and this number seems to be what alot of people are
looking to spend. From my experience and I think
others will agree. 10k is not what you will really be
spending. More like the figures quoted above if you
dont want to worry about it catching on fire or
breaking down somewhere in BFE.

I think there are two sides to the high priced D and
the low priced D.

When buying a higher priced car usually you feel
confident the car is in good condition and the seller
will give you the whole.. "I put all this work into
the car and its great!" But how do you know this for
sure?

I personally like to know that the job is done right
which is the flip side of the coin, now a 10k delorean
is going to need work, no question. So why not buy
the 10k delorean and put the the other 7k into repairs
that it WILL need and have the confidence to drive it
cross country :)

Cliff Andrews
10854
Northern VA