[DML] replacing door roof seal

I finally broke down and bought a new pair of door roof seals. I happily drilled out the rivets and then discovered that how to extract the old seal and its plate is not so obvious. So, what's the trick? Do I have to remove the T-panel?

BTW: Just how many times can I unbend those tabs at the back of the T-panel before they break off? This would be my third roof removal...

--pete lucas
VIN #6703