[DML] Re: Locks and "bonnet" cable

The back up cable is a great idea - when my cable broke, I was fortunate
in two ways:
1) I had a half tank of gas (no flap) and could get home.
2) My dad's friend has a D', so he had something to look at to figure out
how to slim jim it. (Only took him 20 seconds. Fathers are amazing!)

Anyway, turns out his friend's car already had a backup - just a piece of
heavy wire tied to the part of the latch that the normal cable pulls.
Just fish it through where the other cable goes and hide it under your
dash. (Use something with insulation of course!!!) (And maybe test it
once or twice.)

For the back I've heard of folks doing something similar, except they hid
it behind one of the tail lights. A bit more to get to, but I haven't
investigated this one yet.
-Eric