[DML] Re: Performance

Shannon Larratt wrote:

> 1. Where can I get the old twin-turbo kit? Are those still being
> produced by anyone, and what level of performance increase should
> I expect?

You can expect about 200 HP from most of the turbo kits. There are a
number of kits with both single and dual turbos. I think the "Island
twin turbo" is the most well known. PJ Grady can get you in contact
with the seller.

> 2. If I'm guessing correctly, if I strip off the exhaust system
> and add the turbo I should be getting 250 or so HP? Will the 5-speed
> transmission handle this.

The turbo will not be 200HP. The manual trans will handle more than the
stock HP and torque, but I dont know what the limit is.

> 3. For anyone that's followed DMC pricing, how much do engine swaps
> affect the value of the vehicle?

It depends on who you are selling it to. In general with most cars, a
engine swap will lower the value of the car. A consideration when doing
any modifications.

> 4. Does anyone sell a lowering kit?

Yes, I think just about everyone does! When I looked in to it, PJ Grady
has some springs that bring the nose down. DMC Houston has a kit that
will lower the entire car.