[DML] Re: FUEL filter

> same as you buy one from the DeLorean dealers. There is a fuel filter
> lookalike on the market that doesn't seal at the top and sprays
gasoline
> over your engine when you try to start it, buy only DeLorean fuel
filters.

Last summer I replaced my original fuel filter with a part from Napa.
The filters looked identical, but getting the Napa filter to seal was
a 3 day project. In the end I did get it to seal, though. I used a
set of enourmous vice grips to hold the bottom of the filter, a small
box wrench on the upper banjo bolt, and a 2 foot pry bar on the box
wrench (levered against the frame) to create enough torque to seal it
properly.

It didn't help that I used the wrong sized crush washer on the first
attempt (it slipped to the side and became 'crushed' into a perfect jet
nozzle).

The moral of the story is: If the fuel filters provided by the DeLorean
suppliers are eaiser to install than this... BUY IT FROM THEM!!!!!

My car does run fine with the Napa part, however.

Luke