[DML] Re: Driving passions - the DeLorean

[DML] Re: Driving passions - the DeLorean

If anyone is intrested this is what Tiff Needell had to say about the
DeLorean on Driving Passons. The only thing was the car he drove needed the
headliner fixing!

Punny 130HP 2.8 Renault V6
Doubtless a few were supprised by the lack of power assistance for the
steering yet this is one of the better features of the car. OK it may be
heavy when parking but when you start moving it really comes alive and
provides instantaneous action.
The problem is the fun stops there because the ride and handling are pretty
dire, stiff springs mean every little bump sends shock waves through the car
causing all sorts of squeaks and rattles in harmony meanwhile the damping
and antiroll control are too soft so any series of undulations or cornering
makes you feel like you are driving a boat
Sadly the DeLorean fails the test as a sports car but I guess it still makes
a pretty good cruise machine

Regards
Chris DOC UK