[DML] Re: Roof bracket for T-headliner

Stian,

This is a serious problem you are uncovering. The steel reinforcement plate in
the roof is supposed to be bonded to the fiberglass body. However, over time
the glue looses it adhesion and the roof becomes too flexible. You can see
this when you open the doors and the roof flexes.

I fixed this problem by putting bolts through into the passenger compartment
and installed a second plate inside the car. I also put liquid fiberglass
inbetween the plate and body for bonding.

This is much stronger than the original design.

Bob Brandys
97 ? DeLorean