[DML] Roof bracket for T-headliner

I'm in the process of removing/replacing the headliners.

I have one question regarding the T-headliner. After loosening the grey fabric, I followed the Workshop Manual. It says that you must pull the headliner forward since there is a bracket holding it up. So far so good. Now to the real problem - the bracket which is installed on the old headliner is perfect (same metal (brass?) like the brackets securing the kneepad/center console)

BUT - the other bracket installed in the glassfibre roof is completely rusted (I suspect this bracket was made from ordinary steel/iron). There are signs of old waterleaks too.

So how do you loosen this bracket attached to the glassfibre roof? It is bolted, but I'm afraid that if I loosen the two bolts, removing the bracket and replace it, that I won't be able to fasten the bolts and bracket again. Then I will have a major problem.

My guess is that there is something "up there" inside the glassfibre, (like a mating "socket") which make sure that the two bolts will stay in place.

If I should draw a comparison, it would be like the license plate lights installation. They have a hidden bracket of which you can fasten the screws in. Its inside the rear fascia. If you loose one of these then you are not able to get the lights fastened on the rear fascia. Im afraid that there is something inside the glassfibre roof that I may screw up.

I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS!!! WHAT SHALL I DO???

DMC JOE?

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
NORWAY