[DML] Re: Battery 2

Scott, and any others with battery drain woes,

Battery drain seems to be a common problem with Deloreans. I too was not
satisfied with a cutoff switch or constant trickle charging. After checking
the amps being drawn by each fuse, I determined that there were no devices
drawing excessive amperage when the car was shut off. I then proceeded to
check the connections between the alternator and the battery. Here I
discovered that my ground lead from the alternator consisted of a few heavy
gauge brown wires with crimp connections on each end. The wires has
corroded badly within the crimped connections. Since replacing this ground
lead, my battery drain problems are over.

If you put a fully charged battery into a Delorean, and it drains without
driving it at all, I'd say your problem is likely due to some device drawing
current when the car is at rest. If your battery goes dead when the car is
used semi-regularly, I reccomend checking all of the connections between the
battery and the alternator. As a side note, my voltage meter never
indicated any charging problems, even though my battery did not seem to be
getting sufficient charge.

Hope this helps,
Eric Hennebury
VIN 17064

<snip>
>I too am having the same problems. My battery dies after about 2 days of
>sitting.
<snip>