[DML] Re: Exhaust (was Engine Conversions...)

[DML] Re: Exhaust (was Engine Conversions...)

Hi everyone!

I just read an article in a news paper about something like this. Supposedly, all the catalytic converter does is use a tiny bit of platinum to combine with and burn the waste fuel as it's in the exaust. (The platinum combines with just about any waste material in the exaust to make it burn better) A new invention just injects a little bit of platinum into the cylinder to make the impurities in the gas combustible. This not only lowers the amount of unused fuel (from 22% to 10% or lower) but in doing so decreases emmisions, gives you better fuel economy (tests reported a 50% increase), and since the waste was being burned off there were no carbon deposits left in the cylinder which will make the engine last much longer. Could this be the answer to the problem, or is it too good to be true?

Kevin
DRIVE STAINLESS

Richard Cutter wrote:

> The modern "cats" do not rob your engine of any noticeable power but remove
> it and plan to pay $ 10,000 to your state cash box

Now THAT is interesting. If it is possible to design an exhaust system that
uses a modern cat of another make, one that does not significantly reduce power,
I think we would have an exhaust package that would be VERY popular among D
owners..

Maybe something like this is included in the engine upgrade I have been hearing
bits and pieces about recently.