[DML] Re: Exhaust (was Engine Conversions...)

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Matthew Lach wrote:

> Now THAT is interesting. If it is possible to design an exhaust
> system that uses a modern cat of another make, one that does not

It is, definitely, possible to do this. As usual, the first example is
going to be very expensive. However, something along the lines of a
custom header going into a modern high-flow cat would be legal (except in
California, where CARB approval would be required) and could net a
considerable increase in power - perhaps as much as 20HP. This is the
sort of thing that ought to cost $1000 or so but in practice will probably
cost a lot more. :}

> Maybe something like this is included in the engine upgrade I have
> been hearing bits and pieces about recently.

Really. :} When will the specifications on this be "officially" coming
out? Have any cars with the upgrade been produced?