[DML] Re: New battery - different capacity?

[DML] Re: New battery - different capacity?

Like all other electrical devices there have been many improvements in
battery technology over the last 19 years. Most medium grade batteries are
more than sufficient for the DeLorean electrical system.

You may be confused by the term amp and amp/hour. These are two different
terms applied to two different electrical functions.

"Amps" applies to the amount of current delivered or consumed in an
electrical circuit. "Amp/Hour" is a term applied to electrical storage
devices such as batteries, it refers to the ability of the battery to
deliver a specified current over a specified amount of time.

The original DeLorean Ducillier alternator was rated at 80 amps.

The only owners that need to be concerned about higher "amp/hour" or
"cranking voltage" are the ones that live in cold climates where engine
starting may require more power.

DMC Joe / De Lorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>

Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>