[DML] Re: oil pressure sender

OK, I am sorry I am not a parts expert on DeLoreans, I have only owned my D
for two months and am trying to undo 18 years of neglect by the last owner.
I am not made of money and it was all I could do to purchase and insure my
D. I am trying to spend as little as possible on repairs and I know I can
get all my parts from the parts dealers, but they are hard for me to afford.
I exhaust the local parts stores before I ask the group about parts. Oil
pressure sending units cost about $12 for every thing else and $68 for
DeLorean, I guess I should be more specific and ask if anyone knows about
any aftermarket parts. I would love to order all the factory parts, but I
cannot afford to keep my D on the road if I go that route. I drive it to
work almost daily and I live in the middle of nowhere Kansas where people
have no idea what the car is much less where to find parts for it. Excuse
me for asking dumb repetitive questions but some of us haven't been on the
DeLorean scene since 1981. I do appreciate all the help from those who have
helped me find the things I need, I am getting a better understanding of
this car more and more every day and the group has helped enormously with
this. Keep up the good advice!

Stephen 3525

Steven asked "Does anyone know where to get an oil pressure sending unit
(transducer) for the oil pressure gauge?" At the risk of sounding like a
broken record, why not get one from a DeLorean parts dealer? They list at
$68, but I sell them for $35, brand new genuine DMC parts.

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html