[DML] Re: Some basic questions

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Derrick Viane wrote:

> perfectlly running DMC works. So I pose my questions:My car has been
> sitting for about ten years with having been driven very little, so I

It matters whether the car has been driven "very little" or "not at all."
If the car has been driven at least a little bit - say a couple of miles
per month - then a tune up may be all you need. If the car has sat at any
point for more than a few months without any activity, especially if the
sitting was recent and what activity there has been was a long time ago,
then you are likely to need to drain and flush the fuel system, and double
check the "soft" parts - rubber components of the fuel pump, the pickup in
the tank, and rubber hoses.

If the car has been driven at least a little bit - say started once a
month or more - then you probably should just do a basic tune up and go
drive it a couple hundred miles over the course of a day or two, then
refill the gas tank.