[DML] Re: Electric Turbo

Electric turbo.... well, it can't be a turbocharger, because it's not
exhaust gas driven. The correct name for such a critter (if it exists) would
be an electric supercharger. It would be similar to a Paxton, with an
electric motor to drive it.
Paxton's own data lists 35 hp for 5 lbs. on a 231cid v6 @4400 rpm
at 100% efficiency we would need 26,099.5 watts , at 13.8 volts (avg. auto
electrical) or 1891.2 amps through a load of 7.20E-03 ohms. All based on an
efficiency of 100%, In actuality the best electric motors are less then 30%
efficient.

(why am I getting visions of a grey haired professor mumbling something
about 10.1 jijawatts here.)

Better get out the "Mr. Fusion"!

In short... not possible, at least till we get some great batteries... maybe
PJ Grady can get us a "batteryzilla"!