[DML] Re: dmc12

In a message dated 1/4/00 3:09:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, jsinger@xxxx
writes:

<< dmc12 stands for the 12th design provided by the designer.

Jack,

I'm sorry to say that you are wrong with that statement. Rob is correct.
The model name DMC-12 was because the car was supposed to sell for $12,000.
I know this is a fact because if you look on Tamir's web page (forget the URL
at the moment) and you go to the section where he met with John Z. DeLorean,
there is a questionnaire that he had Mr. DeLorean fill out and the very first
question was what made up the model name of DMC-12. Mr. DeLorean said that
it was because of the price they wanted to sell the cars for, but because the
exchange rate for the British pound went up from 1.40 to 2.40, the price of
the DeLorean had to go up. Hope that helps. Happy New Year Everyone!!

Later,
Nick
VIN#1852