[DML] Re: The Gold DeLoreans

This is the most accurate posting to date, so far as I know. But I
believe that there *IS* a fourth gold car. Many years ago there was a
gold-plated car advertised in Hemmings and I called on it, more out of
curiousity than anything else. The sellers representative was very
upfront about it NOT being one of the AMEX cars, and sent me a few
pages of documenting paperwork including the chemical analysis that was
donw on the gold-plating by an independent laboratory. A year or so ago
I ran across the paperwork in my files and tried to track it down. A
phone call to the lab which is still in business recalled doing the
job, but no further details.

I *think* I have the paperwork handy, and if i do, i will post the
information (VIN, owners name - a doctor in NY) again and see if anyone
knows about it or its whereabouts.

James

"derrick viane" <clarion9375-@xxxx> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews/?start=5749
> From what I have read from various sources there were three gold
DeLoreans
> produced VIN#'s 4300, 4301, and 20105. The first two were produced
for a
> christmas catalog for American Express. VIN# 4300 is currently in
the Reno
> National Auto Museum. VIN# 4301 is currently in a glass case in a
bank in
> Snyder Texas. the third VIN# 20105 is currently owned by a man in
Maryland.