[DML] strange new noise

Scott,

If it's coming from the rear it could be the bolts on the axle on the
engine side. There are 8 of them I think.....mine had come loose and
started making a terrible thumping noise until I had them removed,
cleaned and put back in with loctite. It scared the hell out of me when
it started and just got worse until I figured out what it was.
Thankfully I didn't do any serious damage to anything.

The other thing could be some kind of bearing in the back that are not
lubricated enough. I have read this is a common problem. Perhaps
someone could be more specific.