[DML] Re: Interesting find inside door

In a message dated 12/23/99 1:31:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rpbennet@xxxx writes:

<< Nick,

Perhaps I don't understand what you are trying to explain either. It's
entirely conceivable to me that your door was built and the rods adjusted on
it 2 months prior to your car being released from the factory. Our assembly
department routinely assembles kits from parts made at different times,
sometimes years apart. Generally items are produced, QC'd and stockpiled for
later use in a larger assembly. What would seem weird to me, would be an
April build car that used parts built in June. I really don't think it's
much of a mystery. Probably, your door was assembled in April, QC'd in May,
and installed on the car in June.

Ryan Bennett >>

Ryan,

I am not questioning when the door rods were adjusted on the door. But
this note I found inside the door mentions checking the window lift switch
and checking the door lights to make sure they turn on when the door opens on
the car. Is that a little more info for you? I guess this has to be one of
the many mysteries of the DeLorean Car. It is beyond me that a photocopied
paper that has written in blue ink dated April 29, 1981, that has on it the
procedure to set the door locks, to make the power locks work, make sure the
window goes up and down, make sure the electric mirrors work, and checking
the door lights are inside the door of a car that was built June of 1981.
So...what your saying, Ryan, that it is possible to check the windows, the
power locks, the door lights and the electric mirrors when the door is off
the car? Happy Holidays Everyone!!

later,
Nick
VIN#1852