[DML] Re: Interesting find inside door

<>
>So what
I want to know is that if my car is a June 1981 build like it says on the
VIN
plate, how could the car have been built on April 29, if it wasn't supposed
to be built until 2 months later? <

<Mike wrote>
The car wasn't built in April, the door was built in April. With a new
assembly line, it is not difficult to fathom that a door could be
assembled and then left sitting around for 8 weeks
waiting for a car to hang it on >>

Mike, I don't think you understand what I am trying to explain here....What I
am trying to understand here is that the door could have possibly been made
on April 29, 1981 i honestly don't know all I know about the door is that
they door itself has a magic marker date which was May 31, 1981, but how
could they adjust the door locks when the door wasn't installed on the car
yet? How would they possibly know what the setting would be until it is
actually on the car to test out the rod adjustments? The paper I found in
the door has a pen marking in blue on the photocopy showing that they did the
door lock adjustment for my car on April 29, 1981, which doesn't make sense
because the car wasn't built until June 1981. Could this be another DeLorean
Motor Company mystery to go along with the rest? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nick
VIN#1852