[DML] Re: another problem

Scott,

A little oil goes a LONG way when it comes to leaks. All you have to do is
leak about a teaspoonful of oil and suddenly the whole motor is oily, yet
the dipstick won't really indicate any problems.

The leak is ALWAYS at or near the highest point where you find oil. Oil
leaks tend to follow gravity and work down and cover EVERYTHING below it.
If the senders are leaking, then the engine will probably be dry above
them. Yes, you could have multiple leaks, but probably not. If the oil is
coming from a higher up area than the senders, then look at the cam cover
gaskets, and check that the oil filler cap is fitting tightly. Could be
other things too, but that's where I would start.

Mark N
VIN 6820

At 08:58 AM 12/17/99 EST, you wrote:
<snip>
As I've heard most oil leaks
>are the senders, I checked them, and they're covered with oil too. But
>here's the weird part-my oil level doesn't seem to be dropping. Its right
>where it was when I changed it.
<snip>