[DML] Re: Tachometer incorrect

"dmc joe" <dmcjo-@xxxx> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews/?start=5419
> Steve,
>
> The De Lorean tachometer normally parks at 1000 RPM when the engine
is shut
> down. Check all of the gauge connections from the ignition coil to the
> instrument cluster for your other tach problems. If none of those
items is
> discovered as the cause of the problem the gauge is probably
defective.

> We know of no rebuilt tachometers for the De Lorean.
>
> "Happy Holiday's"
> DMC Joe / De Lorean Services
> Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to get to the tach. In looking at
my books, I don't see explicit instructions on how to remove the
instrument cluster. I found 4 nuts under the dash that when removed
loosened up the binnicle but it still won't come off (the speedo cable
was disconnected at the little box near the pedals). Am I going about
this the right way? Would this be the same way one would replace a
burned out indicator bulb?

Steve Liggett