[DML] Re: Engine cut-off under hard braking

[DML] Re: Engine cut-off under hard braking

I have had this problem on occasion, except it is not usually under hard
braking. In one instance I was slowly rolling down a hill while braking
intermittently.

At idle, the engine cannot take much of a load, and many engines have
trouble when winding down. Combine throttle-lift with an extra load, and an
out-of-tune engine could stumble. I really don't think it's anything like
the inertia switch or fuel pickup, at least in my case, since I would expect
these failure points to cause other symptoms.

It doesn't really bother me, since it is a rare occurrence on my 100k-mile
engine that otherwise runs fine. Besides, I'm getting one of those DMC
souped-up PRVs in the spring. :-)

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN# 4695