[DML] Re: Running VIN numbers

At 06:25 AM 12/8/99 EST, you wrote:
>Reminds me of a funny story;
>
>When I went to get my DMC registered at the DMV (boy, that sounds funny) it
>wasn't running at the time. So I took all the paperwork, and headed there.
>They actually made me go get a rubbing of the vin number because their
>computer showed it was a made up number. No, not just "number not found" or
>anything like that. She told me it said "false number". Of course, it
>didn't help that she couldn't find DeLorean, but could only find "De Lor
>EEN"...LOL...
>
>Scott

Hi Scott,

DMC at the DMV does sound funny...which reminds me of my very own Vin story...

I to went to my local DMV to register my De Lorean several years ago. You
had to get in a car line up hear line" and the inspector would have each
car move up under this over hang
to inspect the car. You had to run all the equipment, horn, lights, turn
signals...the usual.

While looking for the Vin and engine numbers the inspector asked me if I
had any trouble with the Helicopter engine! By that time most of the others
in line had gathered around my shiny new DMC-12 Gullwing doors up! all
waited for me to start the HELO' engine to hear what it sounded like. It
turned out that the inspector had never seen a Delorean ever before in his
life.

Of course when I got inside to pay the fees etc, the computer did not know
about my out of state DMC-12. Bit it had no problem accepting the $1200 to
register it in California.

Lee

BTW what is really funny about all this is I flew the HC-21 for two years
in SE Asia back in the 60's. maybe that is why I find hearing the engine
rumble just behind me when drive my D'.

support@xxxx

NOTICE TO BULK EMAILER: Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5,
Subchapter II, 227, any and all unsolicited commercial e-mail sent
to this address is subject to a download and archival fee in the
amount of $500 US.
E-Mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.