[DML] Service Denied: Update

My recent rejection by "Kwik-Car" for a simple oil change irritated me
sufficiently to write an e-mail to the corporate office through their web
site. Since each location is independently owned, the letter was forwarded
to the local owner who wrote me directly.

He said that the tech I spoke with was wrong, and that he would be happy to
service my Delorean if I would supply the filter. So I returned, armed with
a filter number and some cross-references, but they stocked none of them.
They agreed to fetch one of my interchanged filters so I returned the next
day. Aside from having to supply them with the 5/16" square socket, they
did a fine job and were very polite and professional.

The irony is that when we were done, the manager pulled out the filter
application book and found a listing under "Delorean" for a filter that they
stock. They even swapped to this filter for nothing!

I must add that I switched to 10w30 synthetic Mobil 1, and I swear the motor
runs quieter and turns over easier, although I could also swear that I get
2-3 HP after I wash it. :-)

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN# 4695