[DML] Another Funny Story

Dear List,
I had a funny thing happen to me a few months ago with my car.
Well, it wasn't funny at the time, but it is now looking back.
The day started with me deciding to take a risk and have a Jiffy
Lube place bleed my cooling system for me. I tried doing it myself, but
the last owner of my car replaced my bleeder screw with a 1/4 inch bolt
wrapped with teflon tape and I wasn't sure if I was getting the system
completely free of air or not. I figured that Jiffy Lube couldn't
possibly screw up if I stood there and watched them to make sure they
did everything right. They did an excellent job with the bleeding, and
even got out an air bubble that must have been trapped deep in the
system. They put things back together and I went home. I had the
perfect opportunity to test their work later on that day as I had to
make a 100 mile trip from Cincinnati to Columbus, Ohio. That was a
mistake! The car made the whole highway part of the trip without any
problems but when I got into Columbus, it started heating up and making
a weird "whirring" noise. I was in rush hour traffic and not far from
my destination, so I figured I'd tough it out. Well, the car ended up
dying right at the busiest intersection in the entire town. I got out,
did a quick inspection and discovered a trickle of antifreeze running
down the street behind my car, so I popped the bonnet and explored. I
found that when the Jiffy Lube geniouses had put one of the cooling
hoses back on, they put it too close to the air conditioner belt. As
the car heated up, the hose expanded and came into contact with this
belt, thus wearing a neat hole just deep enough for the cooling system
to lose all pressure.
I had a police man who was passing by at the time call a tow truck.
I am a AAA member, but the police man said I had to be satisfied with
the first flat bed that came by considering the circumstances. I
agreed, and about an hour later the ugliest, most disgusting tow truck
that I've ever seen pulled up to answer my call. To make a long story
shorter the truck got me to my destination successfully, and I was able
to patch up the system to limp it home.
About 4 months later we got our new Columbus phone books, and I'm
busy flipping through it trying to find a tow truck to get a misplaced
vehicle moved from blocking in my car. I turn to the towing section and
was drawn to some ads featuring various sports cars. Right in the
middle of all of these is an ad for the towing company that helped me
that fateful day 4 months ago. In their new ad they feature a drawing
of a DeLorean (no doubt mine) on the back of a tow truck with the words
"Towing for Jesus" right below it. Apparently my car made quite an
impression on this small firm!! LOL
I'm back in Cincinnati for a week or two, but next time I'm in
Columbus, I'll be sure to scan that ad and post it to the vault.
Josh Haldeman
VIN 5102
Check out my new improved website interface. (IT'S COOL!!)
http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/7139