[DML] Re: starter problem

David,

The problem maybe a service modification that was never done to your car.
I just looked it up in my Service Bulletins workshop book and there was a
modification done to the starter circuit to add more volts to it. The
service bulletin # is ST-05-2/82. This modification was implemented into
cars at the factory after VIN#2547 and since your car is VIN#2496 it seems to
have sorta just missed it. To see if this modification was NOT done on your
car, inside the electrical compartment behind the passenger seat and you will
see 2 circuit breakers, these are right next to the fuse box. One should
have 2 wires connected to it and the other one should have either 3 or 4
wires connected to it. I believe the wires are brown but could be wrong. If
it has the 3 wires connected to it that means the modification was NOT done
to your car. If you need the instructions to do this modification I am sure
that DMC Joe wouldn't mind sending you the information, but if he doesn't, I
could send it to you. Hope this helps.

Later,
Nick