[DML] Re: lost delorean may find light

 Well heres an interesting story. I am not going to side on the sellers
side or any prospective buyers, i am simply providing information.

Over the weekend my dad went down to Barstow, California where he was
getting a cell phone installed in his truck or something. When he was there
in the shop, the guy began telling my dad how he bought a car off some guy
that he knew and was interested in selling the thing cause he has no time
for it. The car had been in a wreck but could easily salvageable if given
the proper attention. My dad was kinda curious so the guy took my dad in
the back storage room where the car sat. to my pops suprise, he saw a
delorean! It had been in a accident so a new fiberglass peice would have to
be made for it and probably new panels in the front. Me personally, i have
no idea how much these parts would cost. The guy told my dad that he had
gotten a quote of 4 grad to fix the front. That dowsn't necessarly sound so
right to me though. i would have thought it would have been a little less. I
dont have the vin # on me (i left it in my delorean!) but suprisingly this
car is in pretty good condition other then that!
My dad called me from the shop after telling the guy that his son had a
delorean. so of course i wanted to see it so i drove down there. So heres
the scoop.
-The car has only 4000 original miles on it.
-Except for the fact that the headliner would have to be re-glued, or
replaced
the interior is in great condition.
-The rear sunshade would have to be replaced too.
-the car runs
-the rest of the car looks pretty much untouched.
- the car was hit in the front left.
-the wheel are perfect along with new centercaps and such as well as new
struts.

now heres the weird part. no one is really sure where he got the thing. he
told us that he bought it off someone else but from what i hear from my dad
is that the previous owner had bought it from a junk yard and that it had
been declared as totaled. so he say that if it was to be rebuilt, then it
would say SALVAGE in the insurance. Would this really be a problem? I know i
have seen other cars out there that had been wrecked and restored and those
persons were able to get there car insured.

another thing is that i am not sure of any upgrades that have been performed
on the car. i dont even know if it has any at all! it could still need more
work in just the upgrades! the shop guy had a hard time taking that in. He
think that buy replacing the front end and fixing back up will make it
totally original thus makeing it worth 20 K +! i told him not to hold his
breath. He said that he had talked to don and don said the car was only
worth a few grand the way it is, but the shop guy for some reason still
thinks he is going to get 9 grand for the car. I told my dad that if the
car was accuired for the right price it might be worth fixing up. HE says
that if he doesn't get at least 9 hes going to fix it. from what i gather,
this guy doesn't know the first thing about a delorean. hes kinda a weird,
salesman type of guy and i don't thing he really wants to keep it. I would
believe that if the right amount was offered some one might be able to score
a cheap, project delorean.

is there anybody out there even remotely interested in buying this thing? i
have more information at home and i could probably get pictures but for
serious inquirys only. If any, you can write me at home at
rubberneck1@xxxx

thanx. pass the word if you will. this is just a letter to keep the delorean
comunity informed. there might be just the person out there looking for just
this kind of deal. the again. there might not.

chip
vin # 1230