[DML] Re: engine detailing

Someone recently asked about how you could detail the engine in a DeLorean.
While I was detailing the Chevy motor in my supercharged car a few years
ago, I decided to also do the turbo motor in my other project DeLorean.
Since the engine is all aluminum it lends itself well to polishing, so I had
the timing cover, water pump, valve covers, oil pan, intake manifold, turbo
pipes, etc. polished and all the steel brackets, pulleys, and injection line
bolts chrome plated. I also routed the injection lines behind the
manifold and the wiring under it instead of over the top like stock. Unused
holes in the manifold were filled, and I planned to use a custom air
cleaner. Look in the e-groups vault under "chromed & polished engine" (also
check out "superchargedChevyDMC").You will also note in the photos the
one-piece mirror stainless steel panel covering the 3 sides of the engine
bay (it looks dull because the plastic protective film is still on it).
Both of my cars have that and it really lights up the engine compartment.
I've also just added a rear quarter photo of the Chev powered car showing
the air cleaner just peeking out thru the louvers, and the chrome stock
wheels.

If anyone is interested, I have one more of the one-piece mirror stainless
engine bay panels available, for $250 plus shipping. For the record this
project car was just sold (I think; haven't seen the $ yet).

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive