[DML] Removing fuel pump

Hello,
I removed the plastic panel to get to the fuel pump to check the seal. I
loosend the clamp and the fuel pump will move. I cant get it out all the way
to see if the seal is ok. should I remove the fuel lines coming from it?
there is also a few wires there. how should I go about removing the whole
pump without damaging anything. I would like to get this done when I get
out of school tomorrow! any suggestions? I was relieved when I smelled the
gas, it isnt too bad at all. If I find that the seal and pump look fine
should I attemp to start it?

hopefully she will start for the first time in 9 months.

Thanks

David,
vin#2496-looking for owners in west michigan