[DML] heat shield

I repaired mine this way: I took it off. I bought some sheet metal to
wrap around one side and the edges of the asbestos shield. I bought the
sheet
metal at Lowes in the form of a large stove sheet metal pipe, it cost
about $3.00 The pipe had a
seam running the full length and I just unrolled it and shaped it flat.
I then marked it 1/2 bigger on all sides and cut it with a tin snip
cutter.
Then I used a rubber hammer to hammer 90% turns on the edges. I used a
concrete porch step of my house to be the corner mold for the sheet
metal.
This was very easy. I then put the asbastos on the metal sheet and
hammered it so that it folded over the asbastos on its ends.
Then I drilled the holes and remounted it. I suggest that you do this
so that the asbastos side is seen from the back of the car and the
metal
faces the engine.