[DML] Re: wheels

I have been using a variety of caustic wheel cleaners for a few years
now, along with many brushes, and hours of kneeling next to the car and
scrubbing. I dont know if it has to do with my brake pads in
particular, but I find the wheels very hard to keep clean.

I have found that the stronger stuff has started to peel the paint off
the two "original" rims. My other 2 rims were repainted 4 years ago,
and they look OK. The chemicals have also removed the "DMC" from the
center plastic cap on all 4. I dont think this would be too hard to fix
with a small brush and some paint.

Just a warning. If I had to do it again, I would.. I hate dirty wheels.