[DML] Re: body panels

I would think that the first problem with fiberglass body panels would
be that they would have to be much thicker then SS and would not fit,
the second problem is that you would now have to paint the car because
you could never match the original look of stainless. I'm also under
the impression that there is sufficient body panels in existence at
Delorean Motor Company and from parts cars at PJ Grady and the like
that would be a more cost effective solution then the fabrication of
special non conforming body panel that some would probably argue would
ruin the car. I'm also under the impression that the actual demand for
such panels is not all that great in comparison to the existing supply
of OEM parts both new and used.

Mike D.
Vin 3113
NY Lic. DLORIANN

I'M STILL IN PROCCES OF TRYING TO PUT TOGETHER A NORTHEAST/LONG ISLAND
DELOREAN ASSOCIATION NY, NJ, CT, RI???? ANYONE INTERESTED, please email
me privately Mdeluca@xxxx

"dmc joe" <dmcjo-@xxxx> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews/?start=3616
> I don't have an answer but that is a very good question.
>
> DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
> Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>
>
> > From: Donald Kazmark <donald.kazmark@xxxx>
> >
> > Here's a question.......
> > We all know that Corvette owners can easily get remake fiberglass
panels
> > for their cars, and I was wondering if their was a possiblity of
> > creating fiberglass panels for the D. Well, I was flipping through
my
> > copy of Stainless Stell I llusion and saw a picture of a yellow D
on a
> > lift at Lotus during development. The caption goes on to say that
the
> > car was an early prototype with fiberglass panels, so here goes,
Would