[DML] Bruce....why didn't you post this? It's about fiberglass panels...

[DML] Bruce....why didn't you post this? It's about fiberglass panels...

Yes, mold's could be made rather easily for the D. It wouldn't be cheap, but
not too bad I presume.  But what would you do about the doors? They would be
extremely difficult to replicate out of fiberflass. And the doors are a
structural member of the chassis. Would fiberglass doors be safe in an
accident or even safe to drive with? Probably not. They would cause a lot of
chassis flex and probably end up cracking.  So you are stuck with painting
your stainless doors to match the fiberglass body. How many would be willing
to do that? Probably not enough to offset the cost of making the fiberglass
body panels. So, what's the answer? Well, I don't know. I do know that you
need a serious chunk of material to make a mold to stamp SS panels. Maybe
they aren't in as bad condition as everyone thinks they are. If they are
damaged, maybe they can be repaired if they were resurrected. Something  to
think about.

Anyone have the phone number to that fishing company?

---Dan #5493