[DML] Re: added turbo gauge lights

Dingo, your message has no email address so I'm sending this via the mailing list. Please respond via private email.

I'd guess the light bar your referring to is measuring the air fuel mix. You may have a knock sensor installed that offered, as an option, a device like you discribe. If you look in the space behind the drivers seat where the ECU unit is installed ( you have to lift the carpet in the rear shelf area and lift the wooden cover off ) and, looking at the area just behind the drivers seat back, you should find a small electronic module made of black plastic about 3 or 4 inches by about 5 inches mounted to the vertical wall of the electronic cubicle. If you have that, you have the after market knock sensor. There would be a wiring loom pluged into it and also a single shielded wire plugged into it that goes to an oxygen sensor. If you find you have all of this write back and I'll supply you with further info. As for the single turbo, most were kits produced by BAE, a defunct company in California that produced after market turbo kits for a varietyof cars.There were a few kits done by another fellow named Harry Ward. His kits blew through the air intake where the air cleaner feeds the engine. The BAE kit is a 'suck through' type and the stock air cleaner was left in place. If you give me more details of your set up I can probably give you more information about your car.

Best Regards,
Bruce Benson