[DML] overheating

dmcnews <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Would appreciate analysis of my recent problem to help me pin point correction:; Problem:  Overheating occurred during our last town trip.  rattling noise began in the engine, noticed that temp war rising.  Stopped to check and found that the fans were not working.  far left circuit breaker (#23)  I think,in section 3 sub 7 group 4 ) showed to be bridge within itself with 2- 20amp fuses.  one of which was melted.  Replaced the burnt fuse and had fans but still no cooling.  Suspect the problem of a stuck thermostat?  Am I on the right track?  If so why would the fuse be bridged as it is.  Fans do work now.