[DML] Re: Autocross in St. Louis the weekend of the Expo

[DML] Re: Autocross in St. Louis the weekend of the Expo

Personnally I wouldn't worry about it if the car is good mechanical
condition. Autocrossing WILL put more stress on the car than normal
driving, but not all that much more.

If you would decide to do this regularly and switch to a super soft racing
tire that's wider than the stock tires, then I would start to worry. Race
rubber can stress components beyond the original design parameters. Even
then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Go out and give it a try! It's extremely doubtful you would hurt the car if
it's been maintained well and you run on the street tires for just one or
two events. If you find you like doing it, THEN you can decide if you want
to run the D, or use another car. I personally run a Ford Probe GT in
G-Stock, and I'm trading that in for a Miata this winter and will be
running B-Stock next year. This isn't due to the reliability of the
DeLorean. I think I could work with that. It's just due to the fact that
the DeLorean is mis-classed (IMHO) and would never be competive running
against the Corvettes, RX-7 Twin Turbos, and the Lotuses.

Just MHO of course :)

Mark N
VIN 6820