[DML] Re: crooked auto shop?

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999 delorean502@xxxx wrote:

> I just got an e-mail back from a local "exotic car" dealership in my
> area about if they can put new brake pads on the back of the D and fix
> the parking brake. they said that only putting new brake pads wouldnt
> get rid of the queaking that it makes. now my question is....are they

Maybe, maybe not. Squeaking can be caused by a lot of things - you might
put on new brake pads that squeak even more. It all depends on the
condition of the brake rotors and the compound of the new pads. A little
brake squeal is normal - learn to distinguish the sound of ordinary
squeaky brakes from the sound of the pad wear warning sound and especially
the sound of rotors grinding on brake calipers, which can destroy a rotor
in just a few miles of driving.

> feeding me a line of crap, or are they telling the truth. BTW: this
> place hates Deloreans. which makes me think that they just want to

So take it somewhere else. The brakes come off of a Mercury Capri of the
mid-70's (sorry, I don't know a part number) and practically anybody can
replace brake pads given a shop manual.