[DML] Re: Problem with bad press/DeLorean as 007s car?

[DML] Re: Problem with bad press/DeLorean as 007s car?

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999 17:58:15 EDT, LovDMC12@xxxx wrote:

"Like Jaguar, Aston Martin is owned by Ford Motor Company, so it's controlled by the Yanks. And I agree, James Bond would be better off in a DeLorean, I mean Judge Hardcastle drove a modified one in his show."

Brian
VIN 1597

I don't want to start a discussion here but... I do agree that the DeLorean would have been a nice car for 007, but if that had ever happened I think there had been no DeLorean featured in the first Back to the Future. Remember that Back to the Future was the first movie to feature a DeLorean as the main car. So if 007 had had the DeLorean it would have been "used", and then who knows...maybe Back to the Future would have chosen a Bricklin!

Speculations of course, but the important thing right now should be to work hard to get the new DeLorean, the D2, in the next James Bond movie. That is probably difficult since companies pay a lot of money to have their product displayed in a Bond movie. Right now it is BMW which is the main supplier of Bond cars....

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
NORWAY