[DML] Re: No Power/Low Voltage

Rich,
Depending how many other accessories are on the volt meter should read 13
to 14.5 volts with the AC and cooling fans off. With the fans and AC on the
voltage may drop to 12 - 13 volts.

If the AC mode switch and or the fan speed switch is "off" there should be
no
power going to the interior blower motor. If the motor continues to run
with either of these switches "off" you have a problem.

The upper vents should be fully open when the mode switch is in "MAX" &
"VENT". If it opens in other positions one of the vacuum lines connected to
the mode switch is in the wrong receptacle or you have a defective AC mode
switch.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>

----------
> From: Rich Kula <rkula@xxxx>
> To: 'dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx'
> Subject: [DML] Re: No Power/Low Voltage
> Date: Wednesday, September 01, 1999 12:24 PM
>
> Jim, DMC Joe:
>
> Thanks for your help concerning my low voltage problem. I had a local
mechanic take a look into it and sure enough it was the alternator. I had
a new one installed and it seems like it is fixed. During normal operating
conditions (with and without A/C) how much should the Volt meter vary?

> Next question....sometimes when the ventilation system is in the off
position and the fan is in the off position it sounds like it is still
trying to blow air but nothing is coming out of the vents. In addition to
this, sometimes when I put the vent on nothing blows out of the two vents
on top of the radio. When I switch over to bi-level, air circulates out of
the vents. Very strange.

> I really appreciate all of the help that is provided by this group. You
point me in the right direction and the car gets fixed. I am learning
every day and love my car (which I have only had since June) even more.