[DML] Re: accessories

I have a older version of the "Island Twin Turbo" sold by Eleanor
Rogers. I dont think Eleanor lives on the island (long island) any
more, but I assume it still has the same name.

I am happy with the performance. When I purchased my car, it had the
turbos already installed on it, so I am not a good source for
installation tips. I believe that Rob Grady did the installation on my
car for the previous owner. About 2 years ago, Rob updated my older
version of the kit to reinstall the O2 sensor, and associated components
so I could pass inspection. I opted not to install the CAT's because it
was expensive, and eliminated the mufflers making the car louder than it
already is with the turbos.

Noise level is my only complaint about the system. Even with the
mufflers instead of the CAT's it is still a bit noisy for my taste.

I have seen a number of single turbo installations that looked great.
They seem to need much less modification to install, and I would expect
similar performance because the boost is limited to 6Lbs anyway. A
single turbo can produce 6Lbs with no problem. In my version of the
Island turbo (I assume it is still the same) both turbos are the same
size, so it not as if they were designed to reduce turbo lag. I would
go as far to say that the off the line performance (0-20) may be a bit
worse than a stock delorean due to the lag. Once the RPM's are above 3K
or so, all is wonderful.

I would recommend the Island Turbos, but in my case I did not have the
luxury of researching it before buying it (it came with the car!), if I
had to do it myself I may have chosen a single turbo setup. As I said,
the single turbo looks like it requires less modification, and I suspect
it would be less expensive.

You should look at the setups in person (or good pictures) along with
specifications before you choose.