[DML] Re: gear shift boot

Another repair option that has been quite successful for me: make the boot-frame of Polycarbonate (a virtually unbreakable plastic). It is clear, but unseen under the leather boot. Use the orig. part as patern. Amazing what a little ingeniuity can produce!! Drive Stainless. Robert VIN 6924

From: "Brad Fudge" <bfudge@xxxx>
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DML] gear shift boot
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 16:52:25 -0500

Just got my car back from the shop. The gear shift boot now moves forward and backward when I shift into the respective gears. When the boot moves forward it leaves a gap at the point where the boot base normally covered the console. Does anyone know what would cause the boot to move and how I can fix the problem? The boot has never moved before! Thanks.

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address moderator@xxxx