[DML] 1:24 interior grey matching!!!

Hi Robert,

The blue choice stipulated by the kit instructions will be due to them sourcing the colour from a couple of interior shots I have seen that do give off a deceptive blue hue. The hue is an illusion. All 6-7 DMC-12's modified with all the time circuits had the grey interiors.

If you have access to the Tamiya acrylics I recommend the light grey and the one up also from that. Mix a little of each grey to match the interior. The seats already are grey plastic, but the sheen is not leather like, so paint all the relevant trim with your correct tone of grey. Then mix a slightly darker wash and brush that on. Carefully wipe the wash so it only remains along the stitch lines etc which will bring out the detail in the seats and other fittings.

For sourcing the DMC grey interior I would recommend Travis' webpage. In my opinion it is one of the best DMC websites as for one he has used his own pictures. It has professional composed look and also has some excellent shots of his light grey interior. The link is:-

http://www.delorean.org/tgraham/thecar.htm

Good luck, and if any more questions let me know!!!

regards

Christopher Hawes
CMHDevelopment@xxxx
Aspiring DMC-12 owner
(DMD) Delorean Model Dealership

----Original Message Follows----

Hi, I am working on building the BTTF 2 DeLorean (AMT Ertl),
but I do not want to paint the interior BLUE, as the instructions say.
Instead, I would rather match the interior of a REAL DeLorean:
either black or gray. Could any of you share with me what shade of
paint they used for the black/gray?

Thanks,
Robert